Montreal based Webdépart is looking for a versatile webmaster to manage day to day activities and web site management. Webdepart is a mostly french-language online portal that exists since 1996. Webdepart runs four web sites among which there is a Montreal Tech Industry Review site named Montreal Tech Watch, the Webdepart blog and a flash games portal. Webdepart’s most popular site is the games portal offering thousands of flash games.
We are looking for a versatile webmaster to handle the daily operations of our online activities. We would like the candidate to maintain daily operations but also develop and implement new revenue-generation ideas and projects to grow webdepart into a popular online destination. The candidate must have knowledges in different fields of management, technologies and social media. Our actual websites main themes are technologies, startup, business and online games but we are open to new ideas and themes.
– Daily operations of four websites;
– Manage and write contents (blog and social media);
– Discuss with our partners and writers;
– Websites codes updates;
– Server configurations;
– WordPress modules and updates.
– Suggests new possibilities to gain new visitors and revenues;
– Reports concerning analytics and revenues.
– Bilingual (French and English);
– Web programming (PHP, HTML, CSS, etc.);
– Knowledge of WordPress;
– Social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.);
– Knowledge of Google Analytics and Google AdSense;
– Asset: Server administration (CentOS, Apache, MySQL, etc.);
– Asset: Git repositories (BitBucket).
Average of 15 hours per week for a start but could grow into more if the relationship is positive.
If you are interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org