As a CloudOps Implementation Specialist with an expertise in Linux and web operations, you will be responsible for day-to-day monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Cloud and Web operations environments running on Linux. You will interact directly with customers of CloudOps managed services, the CloudOps Operations team, and our vendors and partners.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the ideal candidates have:
- Extensive Linux experience
- Experience in web operations and production internet environments
- Experience in off-premise cloud-based infrastructure, in particular Amazon Web Services
- Experience with the Citrix XenServer hypervisor and Dell Equallogic storage arrays
- Experience with application delivery controllers/load balancers (E.g., NetScaler, F5, or Radware )
- Experience maintaining complex custom applications on UNIX/Linux and enterprise Java
- The ability to rapidly self-educate on new concepts and tools
- The ability to communicate complex technical information in straightforward terms
- Good working knowledge of Bash, Python and/or Ruby scripting
- Knowledge of configuration management and system provisioning tools (E.g., Chef, Puppet, etc…)
- Understanding of general/common infrastructure services and technologies (E.g., DNS, LDAP, etc…)
- Implement new environments and optimize existing environments
- Contribute to efforts in multi-platform configuration automation
- Contribute to planning efforts for disaster recovery, capacity expansion and component upgrading
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Produce and maintain documentation on installations, incidents, and procedures
- Install and configure tools for event monitoring, capacity planning, performance monitoring, etc.
- Make recommendations based on monitoring results and observations
- Level 2 troubleshooting and resolution of system problems
- Perform system software upgrades including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordination
- Create and manage user accounts
- Manage data backups and recovery
- Participate in team meetings
- Participate in customer meetings and review sessions
- Contribute to general improvement projects of CloudOps and customer infrastructure and systems
Job Description : Software Engineer – Cloud Operating System
CloudOps has an immediate opening for a Software Development Engineer. Main responsibility is to develop custom solutions and tools for automation, orchestration and monitoring of storage, networking and compute resources using Open Source tools like Apache CloudStack, JQuery, AJAX, Python, Java.
Develop software solutions for Cloud Portals enabling customers to self-manage their network, storage and compute resources.
Collaborate in cross functional projects to support customer requirements gathering, unit and user acceptance testing.
Integrate custom software projects with 3rd party application such as Citrix CloudPortal, Apache CloudStack and Science Logic.
Familiarity with IT processes including, but not limited to: quoting, billing
What We Are Looking For:
Software languages/technologies we are using:
- Python, jQuery, HTML, AJAX,
- Linux system administration–LAMP
- Advanced networking concepts a plus: including ADCs, firewalls, Load Balancing, DHCP, DNS
- Ability to work from high level requirements and engage in an iterative software development life cycle methodology
- Problem-solving ability and creativity
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements, including changes late in the development cycle
- Ability to work independently or in small groups
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
If you are interested in joining CloudOps’s team please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.